flipping a coin to make a decision
Submitted by on Mon, 27/10/2008 - 17:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
In order to deal with a subject, even if it is not sin to flip a coin, it is not right. Our religion advises those who are unsure about doing something, to consult someone who is expert on that subject. Also, performing the Salat of Istikhara is advisable. Resulting in a bad condition by flipping a coin is not a good thing for a Muslim. But, in the state of urgent, we advice you to consult your heart.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permitted to deposit money in the bank without interest and to keep money in demand deposit in the bank?
- "islamic" dating site lawfull or unlawfull?
- Life Insurance is harram or halal?
- Can a man marry a girl elder than him?
- What should we do when confronted with religious problems?
- Why did Prophet Noahs son not believe in Allah?
- What are the things that should be taken into consideration while having fun?
- What is major and minor “Kufr” (unbelief)? Will you explain it by giving examples? How can we protect ourselves from all kinds of unbelief?
- What is Bid a (Innovation) and what is it not?