Is the fast of spouses valid who have interourse at night and wake up in the morning in a state of Junub?
Submitted by on Fri, 04/09/2009 - 21:40
Dear Brother / Sister,
The fast of spouses, who have intercourse at night and wake up in the morning in a state of Junub, is still valid. But spouses in a state of Junub should perform Ghusl as soon as possible without delaying any prayer. What is obligatory is to perform the prayers on time.
Fasting is invalidated by having intercourse during the day in Ramadan, from just before dawn until after sunset.
Questions on Islam
- How many rakats are there in "Tarawih Prayer"?
- Is it a sin to fast when one is junub?
- Can a junub person (who has to make ghusl) perform fasting? How should one make ghusl when he is junub?
- Is it a sin to eat and drink when one is junub?
- When is it necessary to make ghusl after being junub? How is ghusl made?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Special File for Ramadan
- Is there a hadith meaning "he who wakes up as junub (having had a wet dream) should break his fast"? If there is, is the fasting of such a person invalidated?
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- How should the person who realizes when he wakes up that he is junub (ritually impure) continue with the fasting? Does getting blood drawn invalidate the fast?