Do we have to tell someone that I have prayed?
Submitted by on Thu, 29/01/2009 - 22:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
Although not doing worship (which is far away from pleasing Allah) at other times and doing it merely in order to show it to someone else and to get an advantage is called “hypocrisy” (riya). One who worships in order to please Allah does not commit hypocrisy because s/he does not do it for a worldly benefit. In addition, the thoughts that come to mind in this respect are the delusions of Shaytan (Satan). It is not right to think of these respects and give up worshipping.
The test and trial never finish. We will carry on struggling with our soul (nafs) and Shaytan until the death occurs. No matter how much, a person grows up spiritually, the test will go on and his rank will increase. One should always be between a state of hope and fear. S/he should have a conscious heart in order to struggle to live in the right direction without falling into arrogance. Shaytan (Satan) strives much more with those whose spiritual side is strong. The more they struggle, the more they develop spiritually. Troubles are like nourishment for a person to develop spiritually. It is not compulsory to tell others that we worship, but in order to prevent misunderstanding,, to say “I have performed” is not hypocrisy.
Questions on Islam
- Is music allowed in Islam?
- Why don't we take pleasure while praying?
- Worldly things come to my mind in prayer. I cannot be peaceful and perform prayer in khushu (humbly). What should I do?
- 2. Prayer
- Why do we lack of character, despite performing salat?
- SCIENCE, RELIGION AND BELIEF SYSTEMS
- What are the frequent questions about hajj?
- Can you give information about Dajjal? What are the characteristics of Dajjal?
- Will you give information about the delusions that come to man related to hypocrisy (riya)? When I look behind, I see that I expected help from people and acted hypocritically when I worshipped and expected reward from Allah.
- What are the types of backbiting? Why and to what extent is backbiting bad?