Can women read the Quran while they are menstruating?
Submitted by on Sat, 21/11/2009 - 09:16
Dear Brother / Sister,
A woman cannot read or recite even a verse from the Quran when she is in menstruation. She can only read some verses that contain supplication like the chapter al-Fatiha and ayah al-kursi with the intention of prayer. A woman who is in menstruation can listen to the khatm al-Quran (reading the Quran from the beginning to the end). It is hoped that she receives the reward of the khatm when she listens to it.
Questions on Islam
- Can girls recite Quran during their periods?
- Is it possible to do a khatm al-Quran by following or listening to it from a device like a TV set, telephone or computer?
- Can women touch the translations of the Qur'an when they are in menstruation period and when they do not have wudu (ablution)?
- States Peculiar to Women (Menstruation- Puerperium- Excuse)
- Is it permissible for menstruating women to read the Holy Qur’an and its translation; is it also necessary to cover the head while reading?
- Can women enter the mosques where Friday prayers are performed and that have pulpits when they are in menstruation?
- Blessed Night
- What are the limits of sexual intercourse with a woman in menstruation?
- For a woman who has made a miscarriage, is there a period of waiting to recover? How should be acted if it is not sure whether the organs of the child were formed?
- Beginning the Three Holy Months