Can a nafilah (supererogatory) prayer be performed between the sunnah and fard of a prayer?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 22:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is no objection to performing missed prayers or worshipping between the sunnah and fard of a prayer.
However, when someone shops, eats or drinks something after performing the sunnah of a prayer before the fard, it would be better for him/her to perform its sunnah again. For, sunnahs are connected to the fard. Having a break for a worldly matter means separating between them. However, taking a morsel of a food or drinking a sip water does not harm it. That is, it does not decrease the virtue of the sunnah.
Besides, it is also permissible to worship between the sunnah and fard. (al-Khulasa; Fatawa al-Hindiyya)
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to recite surah al-Ikhlas between sunnah and fard of a salah (prayer) in the mosque?
- What is Sunnah?
- Is there any objection to praying the sunnahs of the prayer at home and its fard at mosque? If some time passes between the fard and sunnah, will this be a hindrance for the prayer?
- Will you give information about the arrangement of the deeds of worshipping in terms of wisdom and taabbud?
- What is the importance of sunnah prayers? Is it enough to perform only fard prayers?
- Is it permissible for a person who has not performed his missed prayers (qada) to perform tarawih prayer?
- Will you give information about performing sunnah prayers at home?
- Prayers in Congregation
- In what order should we read chapters of the Quran in prayer? Is it makruh to read them without an order? Will you give information about the lengths of chapters and the order of reading them in prayer?