Can a nafilah (supererogatory) prayer be performed between the sunnah and fard of a prayer?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 22:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is no objection to performing missed prayers or worshipping between the sunnah and fard of a prayer.
However, when someone shops, eats or drinks something after performing the sunnah of a prayer before the fard, it would be better for him/her to perform its sunnah again. For, sunnahs are connected to the fard. Having a break for a worldly matter means separating between them. However, taking a morsel of a food or drinking a sip water does not harm it. That is, it does not decrease the virtue of the sunnah.
Besides, it is also permissible to worship between the sunnah and fard. (al-Khulasa; Fatawa al-Hindiyya)
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to recite surah al-Ikhlas between sunnah and fard of a salah (prayer) in the mosque?
- What is Sunnah?
- Is there any objection to praying the sunnahs of the prayer at home and its fard at mosque? If some time passes between the fard and sunnah, will this be a hindrance for the prayer?
- Is it permissible for a person who has not performed his missed prayers (qada) to perform tarawih prayer?
- In what order should we read chapters of the Quran in prayer? Is it makruh to read them without an order? Will you give information about the lengths of chapters and the order of reading them in prayer?
- Is it necessary to remember the intention up to the end of the prayer? I intend for the prayer but after I utter takbir (Allahu akbar), I don't remember anything about which prayer I am performing. Should I continue to pray in this manner or break it?
- Will you give information about the arrangement of the deeds of worshipping in terms of wisdom and taabbud?
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- What is the importance of sunnah prayers? Is it enough to perform only fard prayers?