Are there any verses supporting directly the hadith "But for you, I would not have created the universe"?
Submitted by on Mon, 30/09/2019 - 15:54
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Quran states the following for the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh):
“Wa ma arsalnaka illa rahmatan lil alamin (We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures/realms)" (al-Anbiya, 21/107)
The verse above is in compliance with the meaning of the hadith above. For the word “alamin” mentioned in the verse means “universe”. The word “aflak” mentioned in the hadith also means “universe”. When we replace the word alamin with the word universe, a different meaning of the verse will be as follows:
“We would not have sent you if you had not been a mercy for the universe.”
From this point of view, the verse is almost the same as the following hadith in terms of meaning: “But for you, I would not have created the universe.”
Besides, the following verses also support the hadith in question indirectly:
“Now hath come unto you a mighty Messenger from amongst yourselves." (at-Tawba, 9/128)
"O Prophet! Truly We have sent thee as a Witness, a Bearer of Glad Tidings, and Warner,- And as one who invites to Allah´s (grace) by His leave, and as a lamp spreading light." (al-Ahzab, 33/45 and 46)
“And thou (standest) on an exalted standard of character.” (al-Qalam, 68/4)
The verses above and similar ones confirm and strengthen the hadith “Lawlaka” indirectly and indicatively.
Questions on Islam
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- "My name will reach every place where the sun rises and sets." Is the statement above a hadith? If it is a hadith, how should it be understood? When will it take place?
- 4. Belief in Prophets
- Life in the Grave is True
- What are the characteristics of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Holy Books?
- 1. Prophethood
- What are the Essentials of the religion-Islam? Can you explain?
- The First Kind is the news given by the Torah, the Bible, the Psalms and other scriptures about Muhammad (pbuh).
- Are there any verses related to the incoherence of the view of evolutionism?