Are there any verses supporting directly the hadith "But for you, I would not have created the universe"?
Submitted by on Mon, 30/09/2019 - 15:54
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Quran states the following for the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh):
“Wa ma arsalnaka illa rahmatan lil alamin (We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures/realms)" (al-Anbiya, 21/107)
The verse above is in compliance with the meaning of the hadith above. For the word “alamin” mentioned in the verse means “universe”. The word “aflak” mentioned in the hadith also means “universe”. When we replace the word alamin with the word universe, a different meaning of the verse will be as follows:
“We would not have sent you if you had not been a mercy for the universe.”
From this point of view, the verse is almost the same as the following hadith in terms of meaning: “But for you, I would not have created the universe.”
Besides, the following verses also support the hadith in question indirectly:
“Now hath come unto you a mighty Messenger from amongst yourselves." (at-Tawba, 9/128)
"O Prophet! Truly We have sent thee as a Witness, a Bearer of Glad Tidings, and Warner,- And as one who invites to Allah´s (grace) by His leave, and as a lamp spreading light." (al-Ahzab, 33/45 and 46)
“And thou (standest) on an exalted standard of character.” (al-Qalam, 68/4)
The verses above and similar ones confirm and strengthen the hadith “Lawlaka” indirectly and indicatively.
Questions on Islam
- What are the characteristics of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in Holy Books?
- 4. Belief in Prophets
- The First Kind is the news given by the Torah, the Bible, the Psalms and other scriptures about Muhammad (pbuh).
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- Life in the Grave is True
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- 1. Prophethood
- Were mountains created so that earthquakes would not happen?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Bible.
- Is it possible to find proofs for the prophethood of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible, Torah and Psalms?