Are Muslims permitted to go to pawn brokers?
Submitted by on Sat, 14/08/2010 - 22:11
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not permissible for a Muslim to go to pawn brokers. As it would be considered "Interest" then it is religiously haram.
Questions on Islam
- Future and Options Trading
- Why is Interest Forbidden?
- Is it permissible to carry a pig in return for a price?
- Mortgages, halal or haram?
- Can a Muslim girl learn share market and be a share broker?
- Is life insurance haram?
- Can muslim sell pork, alcohol?
- Will a black marketer be resurrected together with killers?
- Is it permissible to open an online lingerie store and sell woman clothing?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?