Since Allah accepts prayers (Dua), how can we answer an unbeliever who says, “If He accepts prayers, then pray to be 3 meters tall”?
Submitted by on Thu, 22/09/2011 - 17:46
Dear Brother / Sister,
Supplication is a form of worship and recognition of man’s servitude to God. The main aim in our prayers must have a purpose of worshipping. Otherwise accepting prayers as only letters of demand which need to be fulfilled is wrong. Besides, Allah is Al Hakeem (the All-Wise the All-Knowing); He does not do anything without wisdom or in vain. If a person prays God and asks him to create night in the middle of the day, it means he accepts beforehand that his prayer will not be accepted because He does not do anything without wisdom He does not fulfill his servant’s wishes which are not compatible with the norms of His wisdom.
Another definition of wisdom (Al Hikmah) is as follows: “Wisdom is to have the Divine ethics”.
What is divine ethics? The shortest definition, it is the ethics of the Qur’an… the ethics which God consents to…
Allah has not created anything idle; He has no any useless action. And human grasps this reality to the extent that he gives up useless deeds which we call that are good for nothing. That is why the prayers of God’s beloved servants are mostly accepted.
If we look with the eye of wisdom, it would be understood very well how bad it is to demand something which is considered as stupidity even by humans as if one questions the dignity of our Lord. (God forbid)
Questions on Islam
- Will you tell me the right way of praying (supplication)? What is necessary to read before and after the supplication?
- Is a prayer accepted when one prays sincerely? If a person trusts Allah fully for something that he desires very much, will Allah give it to him immediately?
- What are the things that are necessary to pay attention while making dua (saying prayers)? One of my relatives said we should ask anything from our Lord unless it is haram. Do you think it is true? Is it permissible to make dua like that?
- How is the best supplication (dua) made?
- Dzikir and Du'a
- About Du'a
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?
- Belief in the Hereafter # 8: The Proof of Answering Prayers
- What are the sunna prayers (the prayers performed by our Prophet Muhammad-pbuh-, and performing of which are recommended but not obligatory)?
- Why are our prayers not accepted? What is the reason for a prayer not to be accepted?