Is it definitely necessary to read the chapter of al-Fatiha after someone utters "al-Fatiha"? When al-Fatiha is uttered after a prayer (dua), some people read other things. What should be read exactly?
Submitted by on Mon, 27/11/2017 - 14:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
When “al-Fatiha” is uttered,the chapter of al-Fatiha is read.
It is not necessary toread the chapter of al-Fatiha after someone utters "al-Fatiha" after preaching, dua or reading the Quran, or in places of condolence. The one who reads it gains thawab. The one who does not read it is deprived of this thawab but he is not regarded to have committed a sin.
Questions on Islam
- My mother died of cancer three and a half months ago. Will the book of deeds of my mother remain open if I read the Quran for her?
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The First Sunnah)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (Fard)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The Last Sunnah)
- How does a person who catches up with the imam after the first rak’ah (third rak’ah) in a four-rak’ah prayer (masbuq) complete his prayer?
- What should a person who reads other verses before the chapter of al-Fatiha in prayer do?
- Will you give information about the duas (supplications) and tasbihat (glorifications) read in prayer (salah) and thawabs given for them?
- Wajibs of prayer
- Is sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) necessary if someone reads surah of al-Fatiha instead of at-Tahiyyat by mistake in the first or last sitting of prayer?