What is the sin of not fasting without any excuse?
Abu Hurayrah quotes the Prophet (SAW) as saying:
The one who did not fast on a (particular) day of Ramadan without a (valid) excuse will not be able to make it up by fasting a (whole) lifetime, even if he were to do that (Ibn Majah, Sawm: 14)
As it is understood from the glorious Hadith, by breaking the fast without an excuse, one makes a mistake which has a huge responsibility and so difficult to redeem.
Although one can compensate by fasting the Kaffarah Sawm of 60 days for breaking his/her fasting without any valid excuse, He/she cannot get the reward of that broken fast by any means. He/she misses out that grace.
As our Prophet stated, he/she cannot regain the same reward even fasting yearlong rather than a Kaffarah Sawm.
Because it is impossible to regain the reward, grace of a timely worship by making Qadha of it.
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- What are the evidences of the obligation of kaffarah (atonement) for fasting?
- The month of Shaban
- When we need to travel in Ramadan, should we break our fast (before due time) or should we continue?
- After the three months and the fast of Shawwal
- Does it invalidate the fast if somebody kisses his wife?
- The Reward of Offering Iftar
- Does eating and drinking forgetfully invalidate fasting?
- What is perfect fast like? How should a fasting person behave?
- Does Vomiting Invalidate the fast?