What should a person who skipped fasting one day in Ramadan though he had no excuse like being ill do?
Submitted by on Sun, 26/04/2020 - 02:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
If he did not start fasting, he should fast for one day as qada and repent.
The fasting that is skipped in Ramadan without any excuse is performed as one day for each missed day. However, the Prophet (pbuh) said that if a person who skipped fasting one day in Ramadan performed fasting every day after that, he could not get the same reward:
“If a person skips fasting one day in Ramadan without any excuse, he will not be regarded to have compensated for it even if he performs fasting throughout his life.” (Tirmidhi, Sawm, 27; Abu Dawud, Sawm, 38; Ibn Majah, Siyam, 14)
Therefore, it is a big sin to abandon fasting in Ramadan without any excuse; in addition, it is disrespect to both the month of Ramadan and all Muslims.
It is a big sin to abandon fasting in Ramadan without any excuse and it is necessary to repent and ask for forgiveness due to missing it. The month of Ramadan is an opportunity for the forgiveness of the sins. The fasting performed in other months cannot replace the one performed in Ramadan in terms of value.
It is a big sin to abandon fasting in Ramadan without any excuse and it is necessary to perform it as qada after Ramadan; in addition, it is necessary to repent and ask for forgiveness.
The month of Ramadan is an opportunity for the forgiveness of sins. Fasting performed on other days cannot replace the one performed in Ramadan in terms of value.
Questions on Islam
- Will you write the verses of the Quran and Hadiths about Ramadan and Fasting?
- Is it a sin not to perform fasting in the month of Ramadan without any excuse? Will it be a sin if i skip Ramadan fasting without any excuse with the intention of fasting in winter? Will fasting performed in winter replace the fasting skipped in Ramadan?
- Will you give information about the qada of skipped fasting and giving fidyah for skipped fasting?
- Is it necessary to perform fasting on the day of arafah in the fasting of the first ten days of “Dhul-Hijjah”?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- The Month of Rajab
- The Month of Rajab
- What is the judgement and virtue of fasting on the day of Arafah? How should we make use of the day of Arafa?
- Is qada or kaffarah necessary for a person who does masturbation when he is fasting?
- How is kaffarah fasting performed? If a person breaks fasting in Ramadan more than one day, how many times does he have to perform kaffarah fasting? Does kaffarah fasting become necessary if a person does not fast in Ramadan?