What are the things that are regarded as najasah ghalizah?
We can list the items that are regarded as najasah ghalizah as follows:
1 – Anything that comes out of a human’s body and that necessitates wudu or ghusl: urine, feces, sperm, madi, wadi, blood, purulence, mouthful puke, menstrual blood, puerperal blood and istihadha blood...
According to Shafii and Hanbali madhhabs, the sperm is clean and it does not make the place that it smears dirty.
2 – The urine, saliva and feces of the animals whose flesh are not eaten… However, the feces of the animals like kite, eagle and sparrow hawk although their flesh is not eaten are regarded as najasah khafifah.
Only the saliva of the cat among the animals whose flesh are not eaten and its leftover are regarded as clean. Since the cat is usually together with human beings, and it always touches the things in the house and it licks man’s hand, etc, Allah has not regarded its saliva and mouth as dirty so as not to make life difficult for man. Thus, He made it easy for us. As a matter of fact, the Messenger of Allah said: “The cat is not dirty. It walks around you a lot.”
3 – The flowing blood of all animals...
4 – The feces of animal fowls like the chicken, goose, duck and turkey, whose flesh is eaten...
The feces of birds like the sparrow and pigeon that drop feces while they are in the air are regarded clean.
5 – The carcass or carrion called “mayta”, that is, the dead bodies of animals that live on land and that were not slaughtered by the name of Allah and their raw hide...
If an animal has been slaughtered in a way that is not in accordance with the Shariah, it is also regarded as mayta and dirty; its flesh cannot be eaten; for instance, when a person does not utter basmala deliberately while slaughtering the animal. However, if he forgets to utter basmala, there is no problem.
6 – Wine is also regarded as najasah ghalizah. All fiqh scholars agree on it. There are three different views about the alcoholic drinks other than wine regarding their state of najasah. Some scholars regard them as najasah ghalizah and some as najasah khafifah; yet, according to some others, they are clean due to the matter they contain.
It should be paid attention that the disagreement about the alcoholic drinks other than wine is about whether their matter is clean or not. All of the scholars agree on the fact that they are haram (forbidden) to drink.
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- What are the things that are regarded as najasah khafifah?
- Things that are regarded clean in terms of Religion
- Can you list the animals whose meats are Helal to eat?
- How Many Kinds of Najasah are There?
- Ways of Cleaning Dirt
- Why is the flesh of chicken not haram though it eats small animals like worms?
- Will you give detailed information about najasah (impurity) that prevents prayer?
- Are E additives that exist in some food items haram? Can we consume that safely?
- How can we clean the objects like wallets and belts that are made from leather and similar substances, that absorb impurities and that are almost impossible to squeeze?