What is the Amount Najasah Khafifah that Invalidates Prayer?
The criterion for najasah khafifah is covering one-fourth of the garment or the organ. If the amount of dirt is less than one-fourth, it does not invalidate prayer. If it is more than one-fourth, it invalidates prayer; it becomes fard to wash it.
However, even if it is less than the amount that invalidates prayer, it is better for taqwa to clean all kinds of najasah whether ghalizah or khafifah.
When our Prophet said, “cleanliness is from belief”, he indicated that those who give importance to cleanliness have a strong belief.
Therefore, we should try to clean the dirty places as much as possible whether the najasah is ghalizah or khafifah; the amount does not invalidate the prayer but we still want to worship with a clean body and clean clothes. Besides, it is written in some fiqh books that it is wajib to clean the najasah although its amount is not so much as to invalidate the prayer.
- What is the Amount Najasah Ghalizah that Invalidates Prayer?
- How Many Kinds of Najasah are There?
- Will you give detailed information about najasah (impurity) that prevents prayer?
- Reading Text: Fatwa- Taqwa
- What are the things that are regarded as najasah khafifah?
- What are the things that invalidate and break wudu?
- Things that are regarded clean in terms of Religion
- What are the things that are regarded as najasah ghalizah?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- TAHARA (Cleanliness or Purification)