Sometimes I happen to think of horrible things. I cannot help it. Is it sin?
Responsibility is only for voluntary acts. In other words, if man does something with his own will, he assumes the responsibility as well. The things that recur to the mind, is not something man thinks of willingly. That is, you do not make up your mind to think about bad things and then do it right away. Therefore, there could be no responsibility for this. Knowing that these are the scruples of the Satan, one must not dwell on them.
The Satan may say to man evil things in a corner of his heart, which is the means to diabolical suggestions. That heart shows worry in the face of these evil words and thought is a proof that man does not do that intentionally. For example, if a man watches the beauty of sky through his dirty binoculars, neither the watcher nor the watched would be smeared with the dirt of these binoculars. Now that this kind of words and thoughts comes from the Satan, it would do no harm to us. The actual harm is to try to drive it away by unnecessarily fighting with it and to be seized with fear by supposing it to be detrimental.
- Sometimes I happen to think of horrible things. I cannot help it. Is it sin?
- 5- Satan making you think that his own words are the words of your heart
- What is Delusion (waswasa)? Could You Inform Us of its Reasons?
- Do the thoughts that come to my mind about denying Allah make me faithless?
- 4- The delusion coming in the form of doubt regarding issues of belief
- Why was delusion sent to man as a trouble? What is the wisdom behind it?
- Are we regarded to have committed sins due to evil things in our imagination?
- During the prayer some scruples emerge in my heart, what should I do?
- While performing prayer, there are always things that come to my mind involuntarily, I think about something; does this invalidate my prayer?
- Could you give detailed information about delusion? How can I get rid of it?