How many kinds of puberty are there?
Reaching the age of puberty through menstruation or ejaculation is called natural puberty. When a person reaches puberty naturally, he/she becomes mukallaf, that is, his/her religious obligations start. It is possible that a boy or a girl reaches the age of puberty but the boy does not ejaculate and the girl does not menstruate. (Such a boy is called a “murahiq” and such a girl is called a “murahiqa”.)
In this case, the age of fifteen, which is the end of age limit for religious obligation, is regarded as the starting time of the religious obligations. That is, when a girl or boy becomes fifteen years old, they are regarded to have reached the age of puberty even if they have not reached puberty naturally; and they become mukallaf. Reaching the age of puberty like that is called nominal puberty.
- What is the age that girls are recommended to cover their bodies in accordance with tasattur?
- When "fard" become obligatory on boys?
- Will you please explain the difference between Puberty (Bulugh) and Age of Maturity (Rushd)?
- At what age are Muslims obligated to pray five times daily?
- When does being a mukallaf start?
- Beginning from what age must missed prayers be calculated? How are missed prayers performed?
- What is the age of maturity for boys and girls in Islam?
- States Peculiar to Women (Menstruation- Puerperium- Excuse)
- There are some people who say the prayers that are missed deliberately cannot be performed as qada (missed) prayers. Is it true? Does qada (missed) prayer exist in all madhhabs?
- Parents and the orders of Allah