The Fourth: The essential point of view in ijtihad: the world or the hereafter?
THE FOURTH: Just as within a body is the inclination to expand, for its growth and development. And, since it is from within, the inclination to expand is a being perfected for the body. Whereas if it is an inclination for expansion from outside it, it is to rip the body’s skin; to destroy it; it is not expansion. In the same way, when the inclination to expand and will to interpret the law were present in those within the sphere of Islam through the door of perfect taqwa and the way of conforming to the essential teachings of Islam, like the righteous early generations, that was a perfection and a being perfected. But if such an inclination and desire come from those who give up the essentials, prefer the life of this world to that of the hereafter, and are tainted with materialist philosophy, it is the means of destroying the body of Islam and casting off the chain of the Shari‘a from the neck.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- The Twenty-Seventh Word: Some issues that are discussed about ijtihad (deriving a rule of divine law from the verses of Qur’an and hadiths of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in religious issues.) Six obstacles for the ijtihad.
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- Third Aim: The explanation of verses such as “The Best of Creators” and “The Most Compassionate of the Compassionate” and the answer to the question about the perfection of the Creator of all the worlds.
- Could you please define the characteristics of the interpretation methodology of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)? What are the characteristics, content and activities on the subject of interpretation of His ummah (Community of Muslim Believers)?
- The Third: A comparison made between the time of the Prophet and nowadays in terms of the conditions that advance the abilities of ijtihad.
- Seeds of Reality are aphorisms from the booklet called Seeds of Reality, which was first published in 1920.
- The Second Addendum to the Twenty-Fourth Letter: It is a short explanation about the Ascension (Miraj) of Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) and his Birth. The meaning of Mawlid and the necessity of reciting Mawlid.
- Third Matter: The resurrection of the realm and the separation of good and evil, which are mixed in this world, in the new realm.
- The Thirty-First Word: The reality, necessity and occurrence of the miracle of the Ascension (Miraj) of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
- Eighth Allusion: It mentions eight important dangers on the Sufi way. Ninth Allusion: The benefits of the Sufi way.