The Twenty-Seventh Word: Some issues that are discussed about ijtihad (deriving a rule of divine law from the verses of Qur’an and hadiths of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in religious issues.) Six obstacles for the ijtihad.
The Twenty-Seventh Word
TREATISE ON INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENTS OF THE LAW (Ijtihad)
[Five or six years ago in an Arabic treatise, I wrote concerning a matter to do with independent judgements on points of the Shari‘a. Now, at the request of two of my brothers, this Word was written about that matter in order to put in his place someone who had overstepped the mark in his attacks on it.]
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
If they had only referred it to the Prophet, or to those charged with authority among them, the proper investigators would have tested it from them [direct].1
The door of independent judgements on the law is open, but at the present time there are six ‘Obstacles’ to entering it.
1. Qur’an, 4:83.
Please click on the following links to continue reading;
- Conclusion: The difference between the way of impotence, poverty, compassion and reflection and “the unity of existence” and “the unity of witnessing”; finding a way to Allah in everything and the way of entering the Divine presence permanently.
- The Second: The necessity of focusing on the essential teachings of religion which are definite and do not require ijtihad instead of theoretical matters that form the issue of ijtihad.
- The Subject Index of Risale-i Nur
- Eighth Matter: Is the translation of the Quran and sentences of dhikr possible?
- The sources of the Religious Judgments and Decrees in Islam
- Fourth Question: The reasons for the emergence of the claims of superiority over the Companions.
- What are the segments of the injunctions of Sharia?
- Addendum to the Twenty-Seventh Word: Why can other people not reach to the degree of the Companions (Muslims who lived together with the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and took lessons from him)?
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- What are the madhabs sects-school of thoughts- of practice?