First Aspect: The cure for the anxiety and hopelessness caused by scruple.
FIRST ASPECT - FIRST WOUND
Satan first casts a doubt into the heart. If the heart does not accept it, it turns from a doubt into abuse. It depicts before the imagination some unclean memories and unmannerly, ugly states which resemble abuse, and causes the heart to declare: “Alas!”, and fall into despair. The person suffering from scruples supposes that he has acted wrongfully before his Sustainer and feels a terrible agitation and anxiety. In order to be saved from it, he flees from the Divine presence and wants to plunge into heedlessness. The cure for this wound is this:
O wretched man suffering from scruples! Do not be alarmed! For what comes to your mind is not abuse, but something imaginary. And like to imagine unbelief is not unbelief, to imagine abuse is not abuse either. For according to logic, an imagining is not a judgement, and abuse is a judgement. Moreover, those ugly words are not the words of your heart, because your heart is saddened and sorry at them. Rather they come from the inner faculty situated near the heart which is a means of Satanic whisperings. The harm of scruples is imagining the harm. That is, it is to suffer harm in the heart through imagining them to be harmful. For it is imagining to be reality an imagining which is devoid of judgement. Also, it is to attribute to the heart Satan’s works; to suppose his words to be from it. Such a person thinks it is harmful, so it becomes harmful. That is anyway what Satan wanted.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- The Second Station of the Twenty-First Word: Waswasa (Scruple); its definition and the ways of disposing it.
- Second Aspect: The forms that meanings take in the imagination of man and the relation of them with scruple.
- During the prayer some scruples emerge in my heart, what should I do?
- Third Aspect: The association between notions and their relation with scruple.
- Fifth Aspect: The scruple related to the issues of belief.
- Fourth Aspect: The scruple caused by the excessiveness in religion.
- Could you give detailed information about delusion? How can I get rid of it?
- 2. Prayer
- Why don't we take pleasure while praying?
- The Eleventh Letter offers a spiritual drug against the delusion of Satan by interpreting the verse "feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan". (an-Nisa: 76)