The Second Station of the Twenty-First Word : Waswasa (Scruple); its definition and the ways of disposing it.
The Second Station of the Twenty-First Word
[This comprises five cures for five of the heart’s wounds.]
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
And say: “O my Sustainer! I seek refuge with You from the suggestions of the evil ones * And I seek refuge with you, O my Sustainer, lest they should come near me.” (Qur’an, 23:97-8.)
O one afflicted with the sickness of scruples! Do you know what your scruples resemble? A calamity! The more importance they are given, the more they grow. If you give them no importance, they die away. If you see them as big, they grow bigger. If you see them as small, they grow smaller. If you fear them, they swell and make you ill. If you do not fear them, they are light and remain hidden. If you do not know their true nature, they persist and become established. While if you do know them and recognize them, they disappear. And so, I shall explain only five ‘Aspects’ which, of the many sorts of these calamitous scruples, are those which most frequently occur. Perhaps it may be curative for you and for me, for these scruples are such that ignorance invites them and knowledge repulses them. If you do not recognize them they come, if you do recognize them they go.
Please click on the following links to continue reading;
- Fifth Warning: The reasons that keep man away from the duties of worship. How can the affairs of the world be turned into worship?
- The Twenty First Word: First Station: The answer to the following objection, “Performing prayers five times every day becomes wearying.”
- Second Aspect: The forms that meanings take in the imagination of man and the relation of them with scruple.
- The Subject Index of Risale-i Nur
- First Aspect: The cure for the anxiety and hopelessness caused by scruple.
- During the prayer some scruples emerge in my heart, what should I do?
- Fourth Aspect: The scruple caused by the excessiveness in religion.
- 2. Prayer
- Fifth Remark: The two aspects of contemplation and the duties of servitude that take man to the highest rank of all created beings.
- The Thirty-Third Word: It explains that there is a window opening to Almighty Allah in everything with thirty-three examples.