During the prayer some scruples emerge in my heart, what should I do?
Submitted by on Mon, 21/03/2011 - 15:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
When a person prays, some scruples and dirty memoirs either by the devil or his own soul attack the heart and the mind like flies. In such a state one should not try to drive those ugly scruples away; because scruples are like bees. As you deal with them, they increase their attacks. If you do not deal with them, they go away. Scruples, too, leave man if man does not deal with them. Besides, those scruples do not harm worship or a man’s heart. It is harmful to think that scruples are harmful. Those words are not the words of the heart. Maybe they are the blowing of the devil which is near the heart. The heart is disturbed by it. The fact that the heart is disturbed by those words shows that those words do not belong to the heart; on the contrary they are the scruples of the devil. Man is not responsible for something that does not belong to his heart.
For instance, when man contemplates on the verses in the presence of Allah, opposite Kaaba, a scruple comes to his imagination. Thus it tries to distract him from prayer. The imagination of the man who is exposed to such a scruple resembles to a mirror. The image of a snake in the mirror does not bite, the fire does not burn and the dirty things do not contaminate the mirror; similarly the scruples and ugly memoirs that come to man’s mirror of imagination do not harm man’s belief and worship.
If the scruple is too disturbing, then man should take shelter in Allah, who is Wise and Merciful, and say, "I seek refuge in Allah from Satan".
Please click on the links given below;
Questions on Islam
- 2. Prayer
- First Aspect: The cure for the anxiety and hopelessness caused by scruple.
- Are we regarded to have committed sins due to evil things in our imagination?
- SCIENCE, RELIGION AND BELIEF SYSTEMS
- 3- Making people imagine ugly visions
- What is Delusion (waswasa)? Could You Inform Us of its Reasons?
- What are the traps (tricks) of Satan?
- Could you give detailed information about delusion? How can I get rid of it?
- The Second Station of the Twenty-First Word: Waswasa (Scruple); its definition and the ways of disposing it.
- When we advise some people to perform prayers, we receive a reply like this: Ignore prayers and look at my heart How True is That Answer?