During the prayer some scruples emerge in my heart, what should I do?
Submitted by on Mon, 21/03/2011 - 15:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
When a person prays, some scruples and dirty memoirs either by the devil or his own soul attack the heart and the mind like flies. In such a state one should not try to drive those ugly scruples away; because scruples are like bees. As you deal with them, they increase their attacks. If you do not deal with them, they go away. Scruples, too, leave man if man does not deal with them. Besides, those scruples do not harm worship or a man’s heart. It is harmful to think that scruples are harmful. Those words are not the words of the heart. Maybe they are the blowing of the devil which is near the heart. The heart is disturbed by it. The fact that the heart is disturbed by those words shows that those words do not belong to the heart; on the contrary they are the scruples of the devil. Man is not responsible for something that does not belong to his heart.
For instance, when man contemplates on the verses in the presence of Allah, opposite Kaaba, a scruple comes to his imagination. Thus it tries to distract him from prayer. The imagination of the man who is exposed to such a scruple resembles to a mirror. The image of a snake in the mirror does not bite, the fire does not burn and the dirty things do not contaminate the mirror; similarly the scruples and ugly memoirs that come to man’s mirror of imagination do not harm man’s belief and worship.
If the scruple is too disturbing, then man should take shelter in Allah, who is Wise and Merciful, and say, "I seek refuge in Allah from Satan".
Please click on the links given below;
Questions on Islam
- What is Delusion (waswasa)? Could You Inform Us of its Reasons?
- Are we regarded to have committed sins due to evil things in our imagination?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- What are the effects of ethics on society?
- What is the source of the good feelings in man that enables him to reach the truth?
- How should we see the illnesses like depression and stress from the point of view of religion, how should one be treated spiritually? Are there any hadiths of our Prophet regarding the issue?
- Could you please explain the notion of Tawhid (Oneness)?
- What is Murted? Who is called an apostate; ex-Muslim? Can a Muslim be addressed as kafir (unbeliever)?
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?