Fard (obligation) is divided into two in terms of a person who is a Muslim
Fard (obligation) is divided into two in terms of a person who is a Muslim.
1) Fard al-Ayn: It’s the fard that is the duty of every Muslim.
2) Fard al-Kifayah: When some Muslims fulfill the duty, others are not held responsible for it. (Ömer Nasuhi, Istılahatı Fıkhıyye Kâmusu, 1, 33)
Fard al-Ayn precedes Fard al-Kifayahin terms of virtue and good deeds. For, if something is general its hardship decreases. When it becomes specific, it will be harder. When Fard al-Kifayah is abandoned, all people are held responsible for it. (Ibn Abidin, Raddu`l-Mukhtar, I, 42)
- What is Fard?
- What branches of science (ilm) are fard to learn? Only religious sciences?
- What does fard al-kifayah mean? Will you explain it? Is working and learning ilm (knowledge/science) fard al-kifayah?
- What is the difference between Fard and Wajib?
- Can women perform Friday and eid prayers?
- If someone does not perform salah in congregation even if he/she does not have any excuses, is his/her salah accepted?
- Is permissible for a person who has qada (missed) prayers of several years to make niyyah (intention) for a prayer as both qada and sunnah?
- What are the rights of a Muslim over other Muslims?
- What is Sunnah?