Eighth Truth: The indication of promises about a great day of reward and punishment which was informed by the Creator of the universe through the prophets and the names the Beautiful and the Glorious to the hereafter.
The Gate of Promise and Threat,
the Manifestation of the Names of Beautiful and Glorious.
Is it at all possible that the Maker of this world, the Possessor of Absolute Knowledge and Absolute Power, should not fulfil the oft-repeated promise and threat that has been proclaimed unanimously by all the prophets and been witnessed in unison by all the veracious and the saints, and thus display weakness and ignorance? God forbid! All that is implied by His promise and threat is not at all difficult for His power to fulfil; it is extremely simple and easy. It is as easy for Him as bringing back next spring the countless beings of last spring, in part identically, (1) in part in simile. (2) It is our need, the need of everything, His own need and the need of His dominical sovereignty, that He should fulfil His promise. For Him to break His promise would be contrary to the dignity of His power, and it would contradict the comprehensiveness of His knowledge. For the breaking of a promise can arise only from ignorance or impotence.
O denier! Do you know how foolish a crime you are committing with your unbelief and denial? Paying heed to your own lying fancy, your delirious intellect, your deceptive soul, you reject as a liar One Who in no way can be compelled to the breaking of His promise, Whose glory and stature can in no way admit the breaking of His word, and Whose truthfulness and veracity are attested by all visible matters and objects! Despite your infinite pettiness, you are committing a crime of infinitely great proportions. Without doubt you deserve great and eternal punishment. According to certain narrations, the fact that the teeth of some of the people of Hell will be as big as a mountain (3) will serve as an indication of the magnitude of their crime. O denier, you are like a traveller who closes his eyes to the sunlight and looks instead at the fantasy in his own mind. His imagination wishes to illumine the awesome path in front of him with the light proceeding from his mind’s lamp that in reality is no stronger than a glow-worm. Whatever has been promised by Allah Almighty, Whose veracious words are these beings we see and Whose truthful, eloquent signs are the processes of nature, He will of a surety fulfil. He will establish a Supreme Tribunal, and bestow an ultimate bliss.
(1) Like trees and the roots of grasses.
(2) Like leaves and fruits.
(3) Muslim, Janna, 44; Tirmidhi, Jahannam, 3; Ibn Maja, Zuhd, 38; Musnad, ii, 26, 328, 334.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
Ninth Truth: The indication of deeds as "killing" and "resurrecting" which are seen in the world of living beings and especially in the seasons of winter and spring and the names the Giver of life and the Giver of death to the hereafter.
- The new video of "Belief in the Hereafter" is now available!
- Belief in the Hereafter # 11: The Proof of Promising
- The Eleventh Proof: The Proof of Promising
- Eighth Aspect: The promises of a place of reward and punishment by the King in the simile and the reasons that necessitate believing these promises.
- Second Point: It deals with belief in the hereafter and the proofs of other pillars of belief.
- Twelfth Aspect: The duties and equipment given to the highest ranking officers in the army of the King in the simile indicate an eternal realm. The message brought by the highest ranking aid-de-camp of the King.
- Ninth Truth: The indication of deeds as "killing" and "resurrecting" which are seen in the world of living beings and especially in the seasons of winter and spring and the names the Giver of life and the Giver of death to the hereafter.
- Fifth Point: The wondrousness in the Qur'an's manner of exposition.
- About the Prophethood of Muhammad (PBUH)
- The First Addendum to the Miracles of Muhammad (PBUH): The Nineteenth Word is about the messengership of Muhammad (pbuh) and the miracle of the splitting of the moon.