Can Islam, which came 1400 years ago, answer the questions of our age and meet its needs?
The purpose of the Qur’an in the Risale-i Nur Collection is discussed in two grounds:
To teach the truth of the Sphere of Dominicality and the manners of the Sphere of servitude (worship). When we say the Sphere of Dominicality, we mean the person, attributes, actions, and names of Allah (SWT). The Qur’an has introduced Allah (SWT) to human beings in this way and protected them from every kind of superstition (false beliefs). When it comes to the sphere of servitude, it means the duties of human beings to Allah (SWT). What has Allah (SWT) commanded and forbid? What actions and what deeds attract His consent and what causes His wrath? The answers to these questions have been given wonderfully in the Qur’an.
In both spheres, human mind has no single word to speak. In both spheres there can be no effect of time. Allah (SWT) still is with His person and attributes as He was in pre-eternity. The human pattern of which Allah (SWT) approves is the same as was in the pre-eternity.
Here is a truth that at the time of the previous prophets, in different centuries, there took place different approaches towards the attitudes. And this change has come to an end with mankind’s having reached a point in which everybody can take lessons from a single prophet and be disciplined by a single Book.
These kinds of debates or objections are largely made on the approaches related to attitudes and morality, yet the opposite of those approaches cannot be offered. Objections are made by the people who are used to deterioration; and viewing that the Qur’anic approaches cannot fit into this sort of corrupt society, they attempt at this kind of claims.
Truths do not change according to the number of people. Truth is what it is. Masses should try to find it out and follow it, not to fit the truth according to them.
Let us give two examples. Qur’an has banned alcohol and interest. Nobody but those who are addicted to them can claim that these are good and useful things. In a country or in a century, if the majority of people drink alcohol or are involved in interest, this would not mean that the Qur’an does not address that country or century. On the contrary, that would mean that they are far from being the ones that the Qur’an speaks to, that they are far behind, and that degenerated.
The other approaches are like this.
- Is the Qur’an Alive? If it is alive then what is meant by it? Can we call the Qur’an “the Spirit”?
- What had God (SWT) been doing before He created the universe?
- What sort of a religion is Islam?
- If one day the creation of universe is explained within physical laws and all questions are answered, do we not need to become atheists? If we need to deny the creator in such a situation, why should we not need to deny the creator?
- Two Important Answers to Two Important Questions: Why does the Qur'an not describe the news of the technological developments explicitly? Why does the Qur’an not mention them explicitly so that unbelievers will be compelled to confirm it?
- Third Point: The real meditation in the nature of the Quran.
- Could you please explain the expression that is cited in the 24th verse of Surah Al-Anfal:“Allah comes in between a man and his heart”?
- Is faith in heart? If so, what sort of situation appears in heart transplantation?
- First Addendum: The miraculous aspects of the Qur’an and the proofs that it is the Word of Allah.
- Second Radiance: The continuing youth of the Qur'an in every age; its rules and laws are ageless; a comparison between the civilization of the Qur'an and human civilization.