Will you give information about the time of giving the Sadaqah al-fitr? Can Sadaqah of al-fitr be given before Ramadan?
Submitted by on Thu, 23/04/2020 - 16:37
Dear Brother / Sister,
Fitrah becomes wajib on the first day of eid al-fitr beginning from the dawn. The mustahab way of giving fitrah is to give it after dawn and before leaving the eid prayer. However, there is no drawback to giving fitrah a few days or even months before eid. Thus, it helps the poor to meet their needs for eid beforehand.
It is necessary to pay the fitrahs that have not been paid on time as soon as possible. This is the view of Imam Abu Hanifa. According to the other three imams, fitrah becomes wajib on the last day of Ramadan after the sun sets. It is not permissible to pay it after the eid prayer.
It is not wajib for a person who dies or who becomes poor before the dawn on the first day of eid al-fitr to pay fitrah. It is wajib to pay fitrah for a rich person who dies after dawn. It is paid from his inheritance. If the money or goods of nisab amount are destroyed after fitrah becomes wajib and before fitrah is paid, it is necessary to pay fitrah.
Questions on Islam
- What is Sadaqah al-Fitr (Fitrah)?
- Farewell Ramadan, Welcome Eid (Festival)
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Can ransom (fidyah) for fasting be given to a charity organization?
- Special File for Ramadan
- Will you write the verses of the Quran and Hadiths about Ramadan and Fasting?
- Will you give information about fasting in order to welcome Ramadan or to bid farewell to Ramadan, and the number of days in the month of Ramadan?
- When was fasting ordered first? Are there any times when fasting should not be performed?
- What are the frequently asked questions about zakat and fitrah and their answers?
- Frequently asked questions about Zakat and their answers