Will you explain the hadith "When a slave is ill, Allah sends two angels to him and says to them, ‘Go and look what my slave says to his visitors’" about the reward to be given to a person who shows patience and thanks Allah?
A hadith regarding patience in Muwatta, Ayn 5, (2, 940) is as follows: "When a slave is ill, Allah sends two angels to him and says to them, ‘Go and look what my slave says to his visitors’. If that slave…" Will you explain this hadith?
Submitted by on Thu, 10/01/2019 - 10:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
Ata Ibn Yasar narrates:
"The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"When a slave is ill, Allah sends two angels to him and says to them,
‘Go and look what my slave says to his visitors’.
If he praises Allah and lauds Allah when they come to him, they take that up to Allah, who knows best. Thereupon, Allah He says,
'If I make my slave die, I will make him enter Paradise. If I heal him, I will replace his flesh with better flesh and his blood with better blood and I will efface his evil actions.'" [Muwatta, Ayn 5, (2; 940)]
This hadith mentions the great thawab a believing slave will receive when he becomes ill but shows patience, does not complain to Allah about his illness and praises Him. The wording of the hadith expresses this reward as a definite promise.
This hadith mentions the great and special reward a patient will receive if he does not complain to Allah about his illness and continues praising Him. It is stated that if such a person dies, his spirit will be purified and he will go to Paradise directly and that if he does not die, his body will be purified from illnesses.
Questions on Islam
- The following is stated in a hadith: "Neither Mizan (Scales) nor reckoning is set for those who suffered from illnesses and misfortunes. Thawabs will be given to them like pouring of rain."
- Will you explain the hadiths that mention the angels and their duties?
- What are the hadiths about the prayers to be said while going to bed?
- What are the verses of cure (shifa) in the quran? What are the decrees about them? In what diseases are they more effective?
- What is the wisdom behind wiping the hands on the face?
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)
- Who is the Companion known as "the Translator of the Quran"?
- What are the verses of shifa (cure/healing) in the Quran? What are the decrees about them? On what diseases are they more effective?
- Is there a hadith about saying salawat for the Prophet after fard prayers?
- Wearing Suras