Will eliminating the problems of another person be a means for the acceptance of prayer (dua)?
- Is there a hadith stating that eliminating the problems of another person who is in trouble will be a means for the acceptance of prayer (dua)?
Submitted by on Wed, 29/12/2021 - 15:06
Dear Brother / Sister,
A hadith narration regarding the issue is as follows:
من أراد أن تستجاب دعوته ، وأن تكشف كربته ، فليفرج عن مُعسر
“If a person wants his prayer to be accepted and his problems to be eliminated, he should eliminate the problems of another person who is in trouble.” (Musnad, 2/22)
The hadith narration above is sound. (see Munawi, Faydul-Qadir, 6/66, Hadith No: 8390)
Although prayer evokes verbal requests made to Allah, it does not necessarily have to be perceived as a form request expressed by words only. What makes dua (prayer) real dua is deed, which supports it and makes it close to acceptance.
The Prophet (pbuh) served as a model for us in prayer, as he did in everything, and taught us that verbal prayer should be supported by actual prayer. That is, he advised us to act in accordance with the conditions and causes before asking for something to happen.
Thus, the hadith “If a person wants his prayer to be accepted and his problems to be eliminated, he should eliminate the problems of another person who is in trouble” attracts attention to that fact.
That is, it is essential for prayer that is made to Allah verbally to originate from the slave’s deed and supported by it. The hadith indicates that if dua is combined with deed when we pray to Allah, the result will be affected positively.
Questions on Islam
- Why are the hands opened toward the sky while saying prayers (dua)?
- Does solving a problem of another person become a means of the acceptance of a prayer (du’a)?
- What is the subtle secret in dua (prayer/supplication)? Is every dua accepted?
- Is the prayer (dua) of a person who eats haram not accepted? Is it accepted if he repents?
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- Is the hadith about the acceptance of prayers on Friday sound?
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?
- Will you please explain the verses that order us to obey the messenger of Allah?
- How can I be a good Muslim?
- Is a prayer accepted when one prays sincerely? If a person trusts Allah fully for something that he desires very much, will Allah give it to him immediately?