When should I "pay back" the missed fasts of Ramadan?
Submitted by on Wed, 23/09/2009 - 17:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is makruh tahriman (disliked close to forbidden) to fast on the first day of the Ramadan Festival and on the four days of the Feast of Sacrifice. There are also people who deem it forbidden to fast on those days. In this respect, they may be called forbidden fast. Those days are announced by Allah as festivals for His slaves.
There is no drawback in fasting on the second day of Ramadan Festival. May Allah accept it!..
Questions on Islam
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Does a woman who cannot fast in pregnancy perform fasting later or pay fidyah?
- Should those who have difficulty in performing fasting due to their conditions perform fasting later or pay fidya?
- Can ransom (fidyah) for fasting be given to a charity organization?
- What is perfect fast like? How should a fasting person behave?
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- After the three months and the fast of Shawwal
- Will you give information about the fasting of a woman who is breastfeeding or pregnant?
- Is it permissible to perform the fasting of Shawwal and the fasting of Qada together?
- What is the sin of not fasting without any excuse?