When did Umm Kulthum, who was the daughter of the Messenger of Allah and wife of Hz. Uthman, pass away?
Submitted by on Mon, 15/04/2019 - 12:33
Dear Brother / Sister,
9th year of the Migration
Umm Kulthum, who was the daughter of the Prophet and Hazrat Uthman’s wife, died in the 9th year of the Migration. (Ibn Hajar, al-Isaba, Vol. 4, p. 489.)
After she was washed and enshrouded, her janazah prayer was led by the Prophet himself.(Ibn Sa’d, Tabaqat, Vol. 8, p. 38-39.)
After she was buried, he sat by the grave for a while. Meanwhile, some tears started to roll down his face. Umm Kulthum was the second youngest daughter of the Prophet; Fatima was the youngest. Umm Kulthum became a Muslim when her mother, Khadija, became a Muslim.
Hazrat Uthman had no children from Umm Kulthum.(Ibn Sa’d, ibid, Vol. 8, p. 37-38.)
Questions on Islam
- How was the family of the Prophet (pbuh) brought to Makkah from Madinah?
- How did the representatives of the tribe of Sons of Hilal visit the Prophet (pbuh) and how did they become Muslims?
- When was the first decree of retaliation given?
- Can I learn the names of the two Companions whom the Prophet (pbuh) followed in prayer? How did it happen?
- What are some important incidents that took place in the first year of the Migration?
- Is Hz. Ali a prophet? Will you give information about Hz. Ali?
- When did Hz. Fatima and Hz. Ali get married?
- When was hajj rendered fard? What verses were sent down regarding the issue?
- Is it true that Hz. Ali did not pay allegiance to Hz. Abu Bakr?
- Were there any handicapped companions during the time when the Prophet (PBUH) lived? How did the Prophet (pbuh) treat them?