The Death of Umm Kulthum
(9th year of the Migration)
Umm Kulthum, who was the daughter of the Prophet and Hazrat Uthman’s wife, died in the 9th year of the Migration. After she was washed and enshrouded, her janazah prayer was led by the Prophet himself. After she was buried, he sat by the grave for a while. Meanwhile, some tears started to roll down his face.
Umm Kulthum was the second youngest daughter of the Prophet; Fatima was the youngest. Umm Kulthum became a Muslim when her mother, Khadija, became a Muslim.
Hazrat Uthman had no children from Umm Kulthum.
Ibn Hajar, al-Isaba, Vol. 4, p. 489.
Ibn Sa’d, Tabaqat, Vol. 8, p. 38-39.
Ibn Sa’d, ibid, Vol. 8, p. 37-38.
- When did Umm Kulthum, who was the daughter of the Messenger of Allah and wife of Hz. Uthman, pass away?
- New Marriages of the Prophet
- The Delegation of the Tribe of Thaqif Comes to Madinah
- The Death of Hazrat Ibrahim
- Some Other Important Incidents of the 9th year of the Migration
- The Expedition of Ghaba
- The Expedition of Sons of Lihyan
- The Expedition of Tabuk
- The Prophet’s marriage to Hazrat Umm Salama
- Khalid B. Walid is Sent to Najran