When and how did the break in Religion-Science relationship occur?
Submitted by on Tue, 30/06/2020 - 16:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
8.2.2-Breaking in Religion-Science Relationship
The relationship between the positivist understanding of science and religion-science that emerged in the 16th century began to be against religion. Religion and everything related to religion were rejected as superstitions in the name of science. As a result of the positivist understanding, “reason” (rationality) was perceived as the most fundamental feature of science. The other activities of obtaining knowledge were interpreted only as comments or irrational discourses.1
1.Açıkgenç, ibid, p. 21.
Questions on Islam
- What is science according to the data obtained from the history of science?
- What are the four “models” related to the nature of the relationship between Religion and Science?
- Will you give information about Religion-Science relationship in the course of history?
- Creation through the Language of Sciences
- Does the religion of Islam contradict science? What happens if an issue that has been proved scientifically to have been true contradicts the Quran and hadiths?
- What are the principles of the education system in the Islamic civilization?
- Can religion-science relationship be established in a healthy way?
- Will you give information about the Religion-Science discussions that took place at the beginning of the twentieth century in Anatolia?
- Will you give information about the evaluations made related to the concept of religion?
- Why have scientific evidences become important in this age? Why is it important that the level of evidences be high while presenting the facts related to the creation?