What is the religious decree about putting the photographs of immodest women in internet sites and looking at those photographs?
Submitted by on Tue, 30/03/2010 - 13:21
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not permissible to look at the photographs of women with lust. Anything that arouses the feeling of lust is a trap of the devil. The following is stated in hadiths: "Looking with lust is the fornication of the eye." (Bukhari, Isti`zan 12); " Looking with lust is an arrow from the poisonous arrows of the devil." (Hindi Kanz V/329 (13075).
What leads to haram is also haram. A person who paves the way for a haram act to be committed is an accomplice to that crime. To put illegitimate photographs in a website means to help people look at them and to be a means for it.
The following statements of Badiuzzaman summarized below is an explanation that is sufficient for the issue:
“And the worship of forms in particular has shaken morality in appalling fashion and caused the abasement of man's spirit, which may be understood from the following: just as looking with lust and desire at the corpse of a beautiful woman needy for pity and compassion destroys morality, so too looking lustfully at the forms of dead women, or the forms of living women, which are like little corpses, shakes to the very base the elevated human emotions, and destroys them.” (Sözler, Yirmi Beşinci Söz, Dördüncü Esas) (Words, Twenty-fifth Word, Fourth Principle)
Questions on Islam
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- What are the advantages of belief in the Hereafter for the society and individuals?
- Is it permissible to drink alcoholic drinks such as (araq and beer) excluding the wine, to the limit that will not get a person drunk?
- What are the duties of the spouses in the family?
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- What will happen when the Dajjal comes?
- Can't Qur'an be the words of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)? If not, how can it be proven?
- Is abrogation present in the Quran? Are there any abrogated (mansukh) verses in the Quran? (mansukh): “something that is (was) made invalid, something that is (was) changed.”
- What are the evidences of our prophet´s (PBUH) prophethood?
- Could you please give information about "Nafaqa" (Sustenance: Maintenance: Alimony)?