What is the name of Hz. Khadijah's relative who was a Christian scholar?
Submitted by on Tue, 05/04/2016 - 00:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
His name is Waraqa b. Nawfal. Waraqa b. Nawfal was a Christian scholar and a relative of Hz. Khadijah. When revelation started to come to the Messenger of Allah, Hz. Khadijah went to Waraqa to find out what was happening. Waraqa said to her,
“O Khadijah! Muhammad (pbuh) is an honest person. What he saw is what is necessary to be seen at the beginning of prophethood. The being that came to him is Jibril (Gabriel). He also went to Hz. Musa (Moses) and Hz. Isa (Jesus). He will be a prophet soon. If I live long enough to see those days, I will believe in him and support him.”
Questions on Islam
- Will you give information about arranging time?
- Will Jesus Christ descend again upon earth before Doomsday strikes?
- What kind of a tafsir is Risale-i Nur? Who is Badiuzzaman Said Nursi?
- Will Jesus Christ descend again upon earth before the Doom breaks out?
- What is Dabbatu’l Ard? Has it emerged? Can the Illness of Aids be Dabba?
- Was the Gospel Matthew forbidden at the time of the Prophet (Pbuh)?
- What does fard al-kifayah mean? Will you explain it? Is working and learning ilm (knowledge/science) fard al-kifayah?
- Will you explain the hadith "Son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you as a just ruler, will break the Cross, kill the pig and abolish jizyah; wealth will become so abundant that no one will accept it"?
- How can we contend with Dajjal? What can we do to avoid the mischief of Dajjal?
- What kind of actions will Dajjal (Anti-Christ) carry out? Who will be his greatest supporter(s)?