What is Makruh? Could you shortly describe it?
Submitted by on Tue, 22/06/2010 - 18:41
Dear Brother / Sister,
Makruh (abominable) means acts which are religiously unacceptable and are asked to be quitted and which are better to be uncommitted than committed.
Makruh, according to Hanafi school, is divided into two types.
The first type of makruh is close to haram, that is, makruh tahrimi (strictly abominable), for example quitting a deed that is wajib ( religiously obligatory). Not committing this type of makruh causes to earn thawab (reward for good deeds) whereas there is a possibility for the committer to be punished.
The second type of makruh is close to halal, that is, makruh tanzihi ( religiously lawful or permitted), for instance quitting the sunnah and regular manners of prayer. Quitting this type of makruh does not cause one to earn thawab while committing does not cause punishment but disapproval.
According to Shafi’i school, there is only one type of makruh. It is what Sharia wants to be quitted without a firm and binding statement. The quitter is praised, earns thawab but the committer is not disparaged or punished.
Questions on Islam
- Before the Lord of the Universe (pbuh) was given the duty of prophethood, how was religious, moral and social state of humanity and world?
- What are the advantages of belief in the Hereafter for the society and individuals?
- How can we strengthen our faith? Could you give information about the increase and decrease of faith, investigative faith and imitative faith and the importance of faith?
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- Could you give detailed information about delusion? How can I get rid of it?
- What are the evidences of our prophet´s (PBUH) prophethood?
- Is abrogation present in the Quran? Are there any abrogated (mansukh) verses in the Quran? (mansukh): “something that is (was) made invalid, something that is (was) changed.”
- What is the importance of meeting other people’s needs and being good to them?
- Could you give information about agony of death (sakarat al-mawt)?
- Can you explain the methods of overcoming excitement and of becoming successful? (Social Phobia)