What is the importance of dreaming in Islam? Why does God let people dream things that He will not make real?
Submitted by on Sat, 08/10/2011 - 12:56
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the most important elements that ties man to life is dreaming. If God had not given people the possibility of dreaming, their life would have been too bad. When we look at the miserable state of a disappointed person, it will not be hard to estimate the miserableness of people who have never had dreams.
God gave man not only the ability to dream, which has many good functions, but also the mind in order to keep dreams within bounds. If a person who has a good sense regards each dream as something that must be realized, he is bound to be mad one day.
Every drug has some side effects but it is necessary to use some drugs; similarly, many nice spiritual elements, feelings and thoughts that man has do have some side effects. The mind is very nice but if you load on it too many things that it cannot carry, you will cause it to go astray.
Many clever philosophers turned out to be foolish materialists because they used the mind out of its boundaries and tried to understand the principles of belief through their mind, without needing the light of revelation.
It is understood from this explanation that the existence of dreaming is a great bounty; it has no manufacturing defects but there are some usage errors. As a matter of fact, those who use dreaming wrongly are called daydreamers or stargazers.
Questions on Islam
- What are the traps (tricks) of Satan?
- The Fourth Proof: The Proof of Wisdom
- Belief in the Hereafter # 4: The Proof of Wisdom
- What kinds of purposes and benefits are there in handicaps, illnesses, and troubles?
- What are the decrees of the religion of Islam regarding homosexuality? Is the interest in the same gender, that is, homosexuality, something natural/inborn? Is it a sin to think and feel like that? Can it be treated?
- Some people suffer troubles and misfortunes in this world while others do not. Are those who are not hit by misfortunes very lucky?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Torah.
- Special File of Sexuality Test
- The Fallacy of Reincarnation Part 1: What is Reincarnation?, Does reincarnation (transmigration of the soul from one body to another) exist in the Quran?
- Considering the command of the verse;`they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.` Could you please give advices about protecting the eyes from harams?