What happens if a person breaks his/her fasting "mistakenly/accidentally" before sunset due to a cloudy sky or a faulty watch, etc?
Details of the QuestionI am fasting Alhamdulillah. But I have a problem about the breaking time of my fasting. It's that: I broke my fasting 5 minutes before the actual iftar time, because I thought that it was time to break my fast. What should I do? Thanks for your answer
Submitted by on Tue, 15/09/2009 - 20:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
You broke your fast earlier, so your fast is annulled. Therefore you need to compensate for it by fasting one day at another time.
Questions on Islam
- What is the penalty in the hereafter for a person who does not perform fasting in Ramadan without any excuse?
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Fasting and the Muhammad SAS
- Sometimes in some countries, people start fasting earlier saying that the new moon has been seen. What is the criterion of seeing the new moon? How should the believers act regarding the issue?
- Is the fast broken because of kissing or embracing?
- After the three months and the fast of Shawwal
- When we need to travel in Ramadan, should we break our fast (before due time) or should we continue?
- What does Islam say about "luck"?
- What is the sin of not fasting without any excuse?
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS