What does reading the book of the universe mean? What is the book of the universe?
Submitted by on Mon, 13/11/2017 - 16:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
Allah created us so that we would worship Him and to make Himself known. Therefore, He also created the teachers and introducers that would introduce Him to us. The most comprehensive and universal ones among those teachers and introducers are the following three:
1. The book of the universe
2. Hz. Muhammad (pbuh)
3. The Quran.
Each of those introducers introduces and describes Allah to us (those who can read). Acting upon this universal rule, we can say that since Allah will introduce us all of His names and attributes through the universe, He will definitely make His names and attributes that include His perfection and beauty manifest in it. Therefore, we can say “all kinds of names and attributes are manifest in the universe”.
What is meant by the universe is not the material realm that we see. The universe means the created realm. Thus, it will be appropriate to understand the universe as the realm of similitude, Lawh al-Mahfuz (the Preserved Tablet), Paradise and Hell and all of the creatures.
Questions on Islam
- How should we understand the statement, "Allah is not anywhere and He is everywhere"? They say, "Allah is very close to us and we are far away from Him." How is it possible?
- Third Principle: The wisdom and purpose of the Ascension.
- Creation through the Language of Sciences
- Allah states in the Quran that the Quran was sent down from a book called Preserved Tablet (Lawh al-Mahfuz). Will you explain it?
- Why are prophets necessary?
- Does the Quran contain all the information? The following is stated in verse 59 of the chapter of al-Anam: “We have sent down to thee the Book explaining all things, a Guide, a Mercy, and Glad Tidings to Muslims.”
- Why is Hell eternal for unbelievers?
- Will you explain the issue of Allah’s creating the beings in the form of ibda and insha?
- In what sense is the concept “book” used in the Quran? Is it used in the sense of mushaf (the Quran in the form of a book) in any verses?
- What is Qadar (Destiny), Qada (Decree) and Partial Free Will?