What are the drawbacks to worshipping in a church for a Muslim in Noel celebrations?
Submitted by on Fri, 24/11/2017 - 15:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not appropriate for a Muslim to go to church and worship like Christians; it is haram. We are prohibited from imitating even their traditions; it is a bigger sin to go to the temple of another religion and to worship like them. Something like this may cause a person to forget his religion in the course of time and adopt the other religion.
The Prophet (pbuh) says,
“A person who tries to resemble a nation becomes one of them.” (Abu Dawud, Kitabul-Libas, hadith no 3512)
A person can go to a church with two aims:
1. Those who go to church because they are Christians.
2. Those who go to a church for visiting and touristic purposes.
After this classification, let us explain the decree of going to church:
a. The first group is virtually Christian since they know and accept themselves as Christians. They are regarded as non-Muslims. That is, they are not Muslims.
b. The second group goes there in order to see how the church was built and arranged. When a Christian goes to a mosque to visit it, he does not become a Muslim; similarly, when a Muslim goes to a church to visit it, he does not become a Christian.
Questions on Islam
- I have recently heard that Spain was once an Islamic country; how did it become like this now? Will you give me information about the Andalusian State?
- Second: The answer to the following question of the people of innovation: In Europe, revolutionists and philosophers made progress by making a revolution in Catholicism; is a religious revolution like that not possible in Islam?”
- Young Muslim man guides Lithuania girl to Islam
- Can names belonging to Christians be given to Muslim children? Can we give them names like Petrus, Matta, Josef and Peter?
- Can Islam and disbelievers exist (live) together? I am a disbeliever and your answer to this question will determine whether I will trust Muslims or not.
- How should our relations with non-Muslims be?
- Why can't a Muslim woman marry a non Muslim man?
- Is it all right to call the People of the Book-the Jews and the Christians- kafir (unbeliever)? How should our relations with the People of the Book be?
- How is fasting performed in Judaism and Christianity? What is the difference between the fasting performed by the Prophet (pbuh) and the one performed by the people of the Book?
- Why can’t a Muslim woman marry a Christian man?