Is it permissible to sell ornaments, Noel toys, turkey, etc. due to New Year? Is the money obtained from them halal?
Is it permissible for religious toy and accessory sellers to sell Santa Clause toys, party hats and pine trees with the thought, "if we do not sell them, others sell them"?
Submitted by on Mon, 25/12/2017 - 09:43
Dear Brother / Sister,
1. It is haram to commit a bad deed; similarly, it is not permissible to cause a bad deed. Therefore, a person will be held responsible if he helps something like that. As a matter of fact, most of the scholars say something like that is haram.
2. However, it is not haram to sell things that can be used in both haram and halal ways like computers and television sets.
Questions on Islam
- What are the hadiths of the Prophet about commerce and commercial ethics?
- Is it haram to work in the production of clothes that are contrary to tasattur (hijab), to manufacture and sell them? Is the money earned from them halal?
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- Will you explain verse 282 (Mudayana/Loan) of the chapter of al-Baqara? What is the wisdom behind the phrase "take witness when you lend money" in the verse?
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?
- The Companions of the Prophet (PBUH)
- What are the hadiths and views of Islamic scholars about listening to musical instruments?
- What is the wisdom behind the gradual prohibition of alcoholic drinks?
- What are the responsibilities of man toward Allah regarding the purpose of the creation of man?