Is it permissible to sell ornaments, Noel toys, turkey, etc. due to New Year? Is the money obtained from them halal?
Is it permissible for religious toy and accessory sellers to sell Santa Clause toys, party hats and pine trees with the thought, "if we do not sell them, others sell them"?
Submitted by on Mon, 25/12/2017 - 09:43
Dear Brother / Sister,
1. It is haram to commit a bad deed; similarly, it is not permissible to cause a bad deed. Therefore, a person will be held responsible if he helps something like that. As a matter of fact, most of the scholars say something like that is haram.
2. However, it is not haram to sell things that can be used in both haram and halal ways like computers and television sets.
Questions on Islam
- What are the hadiths of the Prophet about commerce and commercial ethics?
- Is it haram to work in the production of clothes that are contrary to tasattur (hijab), to manufacture and sell them? Is the money earned from them halal?
- We know that it is sunnah to bargain in business and shopping. Will you give information regarding the issue?
- If a person uses illegitimately earned money as capital and starts a legitimate earning, what is the decree about the new earning? Are the goods that are taken and trade that is made completely haram?
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JINN
- Will you explain verse 282 (Mudayana/Loan) of the chapter of al-Baqara? What is the wisdom behind the phrase "take witness when you lend money" in the verse?
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?
- The Companions of the Prophet (PBUH)