What are the 5 heavenly books mentioned in the Quran?
Submitted by on Sun, 20/06/2010 - 04:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is stated in the Quran that some pages were sent down to Hazrat Ibrahim (Abraham) and some pages to Hazrat Musa (Moses) before he was sent down the Torah (an-Najm, 53/37-54; al-A'la, 87/19). It is also stated in the Quran that Moses was sent down the Torah (al-Isra, 17/2; al-Maida, 5/44), Hazrat Dawud (David) was sent down the Psalms (an-Nisa, 4/163) and Hazrat Eesa (Jesus) was sent down the Bible (al-Maida, 5/46, 110). Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh), the last Prophet, was sent down the Quran.
Questions on Islam
- Who are the first five people to embrace Islam?
- What is belief in the books?
- How many types of Divine Books are there? What are their names?
- Did God send any other books or pages apart from the four great books and pages?
- Could you name all the books sent by Allah SWT?
- How many kinds of divine books are there? What are their names?
- Will you answer the claims related to the Quran, the Gospel and Islamic contradictions?
- Where and how was the Bible revealed to the prophet Jesus (PBUH)?
- 3. Belief in Books
- Why were holy books sent down?