What is the advice of our religion about marriage?
Submitted by on Tue, 28/11/2017 - 14:39
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Prophet (pbuh) gives believers the following advice:
"A woman may be married for four things: Her wealth, her lineage, her beauty or for her religion. Choose the religious one in order to be happy." (Ibn Majah, Nikah: 6)
It is the advice of the Prophet to give importance to the religious aspect of a woman along with other characteristics. Therefore, it is the most important point a Muslim has to consider. Women should also give importance to religiousness and high ethics while deciding about a man to marry.
Questions on Islam
- How to select a soul-mate for marriage?
- Is it permissible to marry a girl who is older than you?
- What attributes should one look for in the person he/she wants to marry?
- Is the road to marriage longer compared to Christianity?
- Is the nikah (marriage contract) held in the presence of witnesses through the internet valid?
- Is the purpose of marriage to have sex or to establish a family and reproduce?
- I am afraid of not being ready to get married, what should I do?
- Is it objectionable to marry a woman who cannot have a child? Is there a hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prohibiting marrying women that cannot have children? How can we understand whether a woman can have children or not?
- Will you give information about marrying a non-Muslim woman and being a witness of marriage?
- Is it permissible for people from different madhhabs to marry? Do spouses have to belong to the same madhhab?