Were humans created without their free will?
Submitted by on Mon, 11/04/2011 - 11:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
Allah (SWT) did not ask anyone while He was creating the universe and He did not take anybody’s free will into consideration. “Doer (without let) of all that He intends.” (Surah Al-Burooj, 85/16)
“But ye will not, except as Allah wills; for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom.” (Surah Al-Insan, 76/30)
Allah (SWT) is the creator of all things. What we call as “thing” belongs to Him and is His creature. We too also belong to Him with our deeds. That is why the following is stated in the Qur’an: "But Allah has created you and your handiwork!" (Surah As-Saaffat, 37/96).
Even though man has free will, the command and the decision belong to Allah. Unless an order comes from Him, nothing happens. Unless He wills, nothing comes into existence! If He had not wished, there would not have been anything such as time and place at the moment. If he had not sustained the things that He created, everything would have been destroyed.
Questions on Islam
- (It will be) the Day when no soul shall have power (to do) aught for another: for the Command, that Day, will be (wholly) with Allah. (Al-Infitar 82/19) Will there not be any Shafa’ah?
- Why are there restrictions for personal freedom in Islam? Why are humans not given the right of living as they wish?
- Can the existence of Allah (SWT) be proved with objective criteria? Is it wrong to try to prove Allah (SWT)’s existence?
- Who is meant by ‘man’ mentioned in the following verses: Truly Man is, to his Lord, ungrateful; (Al-Adiyat,6), man is given up to injustice and ingratitude (Ibrahim, 34), He was indeed unjust and foolish (Al-Ahzab, 72)?
- “Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that day, nor will one ask after another! (Surah Al-Mumenoon 23/101)” Why has the example of relationship been given in this verse?
- How should we understand this verse: “What is the life of this world but play and amusement?” and the following verse: “Not for (idle) sport did We create the heavens and the earth and all that is between!”
- “Let them laugh a little: much will they weep: a recompense for the (evil) that they do.” (Surah At-Taubah 9/82) Who are the people mentioned in this verse? Muslims or Unbelievers?
- How can we know whether Allah (SWT) is pleased with us?
- Although Satan had no any doubt about the existence of Allah (SWT), he rebelled Allah and did not obey His order of prostrating to Hz. Adam; then, how can people be accused of not believing in Allah without seeing Him?
- What animals are mentioned in the Qur´an?