Submitted by on Fri, 01/08/2008 - 16:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to play musical instruments like the drum, clarion and pipe in the weddings only to announce the wedding. When the drum and clarion are played together with epic songs and chants, they are considered to be within the legitimate framework. They are regarded as permissible because they do not appeal to carnal senses. However, in the weddings of our time, illegitimate elements are included in the ceremonies made with the drum and clarion and they are used in forbidden ways. Therefore they are not permissible to play.
Questions on Islam
- Is the marriage valid which is performed secretly from parents?
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- Can you explain the methods of overcoming excitement and of becoming successful? (Social Phobia)
- Is it permissible to drink alcoholic drinks such as (araq and beer) excluding the wine, to the limit that will not get a person drunk?
- Which of the Quranic verses forbids a Muslim woman to marry a man from the people of the Book? Is there such an order?
- What is your advice about flirt kind of relations?
- Is it a sin for the wife and husband to avoid having intercourse with each other? Can a man or woman reject the sexual desire of their spouses when they are sick?
- How to interpret the verse “You cannot will (to do so) unless God wills”
- Could you please give information about "Nafaqa" (Sustenance: Maintenance: Alimony)?
- Before the Lord of the Universe (pbuh) was given the duty of prophethood, how was religious, moral and social state of humanity and world?