Was the light (nur) of our prophet created before lawh al-mahfuz (the preserved tablet) was created, or was it the light of our prophet that was created first?
Submitted by on Wed, 10/11/2010 - 10:59
Dear Brother / Sister,
We can find the information to shed light on the issue in the following hadith:
Hazrat Jabir narrates: “O Messenger of Allah! May my father and mother be sacrificed for you, Will you tell me the first thing that Allah created? He answered: “O Jabir! The thing that Allah created first is the light of your prophet. Nothing existed then. Lawh did not exist then; nor did the pen, Paradise or fire/Hell. Angels did not exist then; nor did the sky, the earth, the sun, jinn or people.
When Allah wanted to create the creatures, He divided that light into four parts. He created the pen from the first part, Lawh al-Mahfuz from the second part and the Throne from the third part. He divided the fourth part into four again. He created the carriers of the Throne from the first part, the Chair from the second part and the other angels from the third part. He divided the fourth part into four again. He created the skies from the first part, the earth from the second part and Paradise and Hell from the third part. He divided the fourth part into four again. He created the believers’ light of foresight/consciousness of belief from the first part, the light of the hearts – which consisted of marifatullah (the knowledge of Allah) – from the second part and the light of friendship (the light of La ilaha illallah Muhammadu’rrasulullah), which consisted of oneness from the third part.” (See Imam Ahmad, Musnad IV-127; Hakim, Mustadrak II-600/4175; Ibn Hibban, Al Ihsan XIV-312/6404; Qastalani, Mawahibu'l-Ladunniyya: 1/6; cf Ajluni, I/262-6)
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) stated the following in a sacred hadith: "ALLAH : “I created you from my light and other things from your light.”" . (Imam Ahmad, Musnad IV-127; Hakim, Mustadrak II-600/4175; Ibn Hibban, Al Ihsan XIV-312/6404; Ajluni, Kashfu'l-Khafa I-265/827)
for more information please click on the links given below;
Questions on Islam
- What is the reason why Allah mentions the Prophet Hz. Muhammad as "Habibullah" (Beloved of Allah)? Is this phrase used in the Quran and hadiths?
- Allah states in the Quran that the Quran was sent down from a book called Preserved Tablet (Lawh al-Mahfuz). Will you explain it?
- How should we understand the statement of the angels "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?" when Allah created Hz. Adam?
- In what sense is the concept “book” used in the Quran? Is it used in the sense of mushaf (the Quran in the form of a book) in any verses?
- Does qadar (destiny) change?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- What is the first thing that Allah created?
- Are scientific discoveries mentioned in the Quran?
- The Night of Barat
- The Clean Ancestors of the Messenger of God