Is verse 27 of the chapter of al-Fath a verse that gives news about the future?
Submitted by on Fri, 07/09/2018 - 11:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
The translation of verse 27 of the chapter of al-Fath:
"Truly did Allah fulfil the vision for His Messenger: ye shall enter the Sacred Mosque, if Allah wills, with minds secure, heads shaved, hair cut short, and without fear. For He knew what ye knew not, and He granted, besides this, a speedy victory."
The dream that the Prophet (pbuh) saw before the Treaty of Hudaybiyya is mentioned in the verse and it is stated that this dream of the Prophet (pbuh) will come true.
According to the common information given in tafsirs of riwayah and books of siyar, the Prophet (pbuh) saw in his dream before he reached Hudaybiyya or in Hudaybiyya that they (the Muslims) entered Makkah and that they had a haircut; he also told his Companions about it. Those who heard about the dream thought that they would enter Makkah at once, perform umrah and have a haircut; they interpreted the dream like that.
When things happened differently and when they decided to sign a peace treaty and return, the hypocrites took action in order to confuse the believers by using this incident of the dream. Some hesitations occurred in the minds of some believers. They went to the Prophet (pbuh) and asked about it. He said, "I did not say it would take place this year and I did not see it occur this year in my dream either." Hz. Abu Bakr said the same thing.
This verse, which was sent down after the excitement soothed, approved the Prophet (pbuh) and gave the glad tiding about a conquest that would take place soon. The majority said it was about the conquest of Khaybar but some scholars said it was about Hudaybiyya or the Conquest of Makkah. (Musnad, IV, 328-331; Ibn Kathir, VI, 337 ff; Qurtubi, XVI, 276 ff; see Diyanet Tefsiri, Kuran Yolu)
Questions on Islam
- The Treaty of Hudaybiyah
- What is Implied with the word Conquest in the Tenth Verse of Chapter al-Hadíd:Not equal among you are those who spent (freely) and fought, before the Conquest, (with those who did so later) Could you Make an Asses
- The Conquest of Mecca
- Why is the covering of the Kaaba black? What chapters and verses are written on this covering?
- What are the verses and hadiths that praise the companions?
- The Levels of the Companions
- What is the place of art and esthetics in the personal life of the Prophet (pbuh)?
- Abu Jandal (r.a.)
- Allah promises in verse 67 of the chapter of al-Maida that He will protect the Prophet. The tooth of the Prophet was broken at the Battle of Uhud. Will you explain this state?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..