Is verse 27 of the chapter of al-Fath a verse that gives news about the future?
Submitted by on Fri, 07/09/2018 - 11:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
The translation of verse 27 of the chapter of al-Fath:
"Truly did Allah fulfil the vision for His Messenger: ye shall enter the Sacred Mosque, if Allah wills, with minds secure, heads shaved, hair cut short, and without fear. For He knew what ye knew not, and He granted, besides this, a speedy victory."
The dream that the Prophet (pbuh) saw before the Treaty of Hudaybiyya is mentioned in the verse and it is stated that this dream of the Prophet (pbuh) will come true.
According to the common information given in tafsirs of riwayah and books of siyar, the Prophet (pbuh) saw in his dream before he reached Hudaybiyya or in Hudaybiyya that they (the Muslims) entered Makkah and that they had a haircut; he also told his Companions about it. Those who heard about the dream thought that they would enter Makkah at once, perform umrah and have a haircut; they interpreted the dream like that.
When things happened differently and when they decided to sign a peace treaty and return, the hypocrites took action in order to confuse the believers by using this incident of the dream. Some hesitations occurred in the minds of some believers. They went to the Prophet (pbuh) and asked about it. He said, "I did not say it would take place this year and I did not see it occur this year in my dream either." Hz. Abu Bakr said the same thing.
This verse, which was sent down after the excitement soothed, approved the Prophet (pbuh) and gave the glad tiding about a conquest that would take place soon. The majority said it was about the conquest of Khaybar but some scholars said it was about Hudaybiyya or the Conquest of Makkah. (Musnad, IV, 328-331; Ibn Kathir, VI, 337 ff; Qurtubi, XVI, 276 ff; see Diyanet Tefsiri, Kuran Yolu)
Questions on Islam
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..
- How did Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) welcome his guests?
- What does to check hadiths against the Quran mean? Did the Prophet say, "Whatever comes to you from me, check it against the Book of Allah; if it is in accordance with the Book of Allah, then I said it, but if it goes against it, then I did not say it."?
- "My name will reach every place where the sun rises and sets." Is the statement above a hadith? If it is a hadith, how should it be understood? When will it take place?
- Is it sin to sleep by lying face down? What are the manners of sleeping?
- Why did Allah impose sacred hadiths? What is the wisdom behind sacred hadith though the Quran and the Sunnah exist?
- Umar bin Khattab (r.a.)
- The Prosperity of the day of Arafa
- Islam does not kill; it revives
- "Be indifferent towards this world, and Allah will love you. Be indifferent to what is in people’s hands, and they will love you? What does that hadith mean? What is meant being indifferent to what is in people’s hands?