Until what age are parents responsible for their children’s worship?
- Should a parent say to his/her son/daughter “worship” constantly, that is, throughout life?
- Is this responsibility valid until the child leaves the house, or is there a certain age limit?
Submitted by on Mon, 28/11/2022 - 16:28
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is the duty of the parents to give religious education to their children. Parents who neglect this duty will be responsible for the mistakes their children make. However, if the child has been given the necessary religious and ethical education, the child is responsible for his own sins; the responsibility of the parents is removed.
It is not an effective method to put pressure on the children who are old enough to distinguish between good and bad. When appropriate, we should give them advice with soft words and try to make them read books about the importance of worship. One of the important aspects that the child is affected by is his environment. In this respect, children’s participation in religious talks and making friends with people who worship will be effective in making them tend to worship.
If the family has done its duty, the child will be responsible for the mistakes he will make after he reaches the age of puberty and sanity. Parents will not be responsible. However, there is no limit in enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil. You need to make those suggestions throughout your life.
Questions on Islam
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- Is it necessary to pay zakah for the wealth of small children and mentally ill people?
- Is her mother or her husband closer?
- Could you please list the rights of parents over their children?
- Is betrothal in the cradle permissible in our religion?
- What did the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) say about family planning?
- children in catholic and muslim marriage
- parents responsibility towards their adult children who live with them and partake in sinful behaviour
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- I feel reluctant related to the worldly affairs. How can I get rid of it? How can I carry out the religious and worldly affairs in a balanced way?