Is under-eye light filling permissible?
There are a lot of dark spots around my eyes; when I do not apply concealers, it looks as if I have used drugs. Is it permissible to have under-eye light filling in order to eliminate them?
Submitted by on Wed, 17/04/2019 - 10:59
Dear Brother / Sister,
The applications and operations aiming to change the natural features are prohibited in Islam. (an-Nisa, 4/119; ar-Rum, 30/30)
The Prophet (pbuh) regarded deeds like having tattoos and creating spaces between teeth artificially in order to look beautiful changing what Allah created and stated that those who did them would be away from the mercy of Allah. (Bukhari, Libas, 83-87; Muslim, Libas, 33)
However, if there is an abnormality or excessiveness that is regarded as odd by others and that can affect a person psychologically, it is regarded as a way of treatment to correct it with an operation or another method, not as a way of changing what Allah has created. (Abu Dawud, Khatam, 7; Tirmidhi, Libas, 31)
The issue mentioned in the question is regarded as an esthetic operation in general. Therefore, it is not permissible to do it unless it is necessary in terms of bodily or psychological health.
Questions on Islam
- Are there any situations where aesthetic surgery is permissible?
- Is it permissible to have a tattoo done? Is it necessary to remove the tattoo? Do tattoos harm ghusl, wudu and other worships?
- Supertitious about Moles
- Is it permissible to have my moles surgically removed?
- Are all sorts of tattooing haraam?
- Can you give detailed information about pictures and photographs?
- Is it permissible to apply cosmetic operations like botox and dermal filling?
- THE LABORATORY OF THE UNIVERSE AS A METAPHOR
- Considering the command of the verse;`they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.` Could you please give advices about protecting the eyes from harams?
- Special File of Sexuality Test