Is there a hadith meaning, “Make other people love Allah and Allah will make people love you?
Submitted by on Tue, 08/03/2011 - 11:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to what is reported from Abu Umama, the Prophet said,
“Make the slaves of Allah love Allah so that Allah will love you.”(see Suyuti, al-Jamiu’s-Saghir,1/251; Kanzu’l-Ummal, 15/1186; Faydu’l-Qadir, 3/371)
In the Quran and the life of Prophet, there exists teaching and training through love not through fear. It will cause adverse reactions to inform people about Islam, which is based on love, to use the elements of fear and terror. You cannot make people do things through fear. Especially worshipping like daily prayers should be presented as a means of reaching peace and quiet. Informing people about religion wrongly and incompletely and causing them to alienate from religion will make a person responsible.
The basic principle of Islam is, “Give good tidings, do not alienate; make things easy, do not make them difficult”. When the religion of Islam is preached, this principle should be used; and one should be sensitive especially when he addresses children. Talking about fear all the time will harm the psychology of children. Wrong information and methods may alienate people from the religion instead of making people love Allah and the religion. Preaching the religion by using fear will not make people approach the religion. As a matter of fact, it is stated in the Quran that the mercy of Allah extends to all things. (al-A'raf , 7/156)
Every believer and Muslim must turn toward Allah first and must make himself free from being the slave of other people and things; he must be the slave of Allah only. After that, he must preach Islam and make people love Allah using the method mentioned above.
The criterion for loving Allah and making other people love Him is to obey and follow Hazrat Muhammad, His messenger.
Questions on Islam
- What is Religion?
- Islam is a religion of ease.
- “...He who strives against them with his heart is a believer and beyond that there is no faith even to the extent of a mustard seed.” Will you explain this hadith and the issue of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- Can having little income be regarded as a barrier to marriage?
- What is Muhabbatullah (love of Allah)? Whom does man need to love and to what extent?
- The Proofs of the Prophethood of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) in the Distorted Bible.
- Why does Allah (SWT) love His slaves?