Is there a hadith meaning make others love Allah so that Allah will make others love you?
Submitted by on Thu, 04/10/2018 - 10:46
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to what is reported from Abu Umama, the Prophet (pbuh) said,
“Make Allah’s slaves love Allah so that Allah will love you.” (see Suyuti, al-Jamius-Saghir,1/251; Kanzul-Ummal, 15/1186; Faydul-Qadir, 3/371)
Education through loving, not scaring, exists in the Quran and the life of the Prophet (pbuh). If Islam, which is based on love, is introduced to people through elements of fear and terror, it will cause a backlash in people. You cannot make people do something through fear. A deed of worship like prayer needs to be presented to people as a means of attaining peace. If a person introduces the religion in a wrong and incomplete way, he will be held responsible.
The basic principle of Islam is “Give good tidings, do not scare people; make things easy; do not make them hard.” When the religion is introduced to people, it is necessary to act based on that principle; it is necessary to act more delicately especially when religion is introduced to children. Talking about fear all the time can harm the psychology of children. It may alienate a person from the religion to give wrong information and to use a wrong method instead of making him love Allah and the religion. Introducing the religion using fear will not make man approach the religion. As a matter of fact, it is emphasized in the Quran that Allah’s mercy encompasses everything. (al-A'raf , 7/156)
The first duty of every believer and Muslim should be to turn toward Allah and to be His slave only, by getting rid of various kinds of slavery. Then, he should tell others to do the same thing and try to make them love Allah through this way.
The criterion for loving Allah and making others love Allah is to follow the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh), His messenger.
Questions on Islam
- Is there a hadith meaning, “Make other people love Allah and Allah will make people love you?
- How Can We Be Sure That the Hadiths of the Prophet (PBUH) Reached Us Without Distortion?
- What is Religion?
- What is the religion of Islam?
- How should we understand the concept ethics and the hadith stating “I was sent to complete the high ethics”?
- Will you explain the hadiths in which the Prophet (pbuh) narrated his virtues?
- "If they say, summarize the Bible, I will say, 'love'. If they say, summarize the Quran, I will say, 'love in Makkan verses, grudge, hatred, enmity, killing, war and sword in Madinan verses'." Will you inform me about the issue?
- Will you explain the hadith, "The best ones among you are the ones who make people remember Allah when they are seen"?
- Why do we follow a madhhab?
- There are some people who want to leave Sunnah (acts and deeds of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)) and act only in accordance with the Quran. What is your opinion about that issue?