Is there any supplication, prayer to be read to find something lost?
Submitted by on Fri, 14/09/2018 - 15:04
Dear Brother / Sister,
PRAYER TO BE READ TO FIND SOMETHING LOST
Abdullah, Hazrat Umar’s son, said, “Somebody who loses or has something stolen should perform a two-rakah prayer and then pray as follows:
"Allahumma rabba'd-dallati wa hadiya'd-dallati, rudda alayya dallati bi qudratika wa sultanika. Fa innaha min fadlika wa ataika." (O Allah! The Lord of those who are lost and the Guide who guides those who are lost and who lose their way! For the sake of your power and sultanate, return me the thing that I have lost. It is from your blessing and generosity." (Bostanu'l-Arifin; Bilal Eren, Açıklamalı Dua Hazinesi p. 304)
The following prayer can be said 25 times every day for something that has been lost or stolen: "Ya jami’annasi li-yawmin la rayba fihi innallaha la yukhlif-ul mi’ad ijma’ bayni wa bayna ……". (O the Gatherer of the mankind together against a day about which there is no doubt! For Allah never fails in His promise. Gather me and …… together.) He can read it until it is found. In the places of dots, the thing that is lost is mentioned. (Ibni Abidin)
Questions on Islam
- Is there any supplication, prayer to be read to find something lost?
- Dzikir and Du'a
- What are the states when it is permissible and wajib to interrupt a prayer? Can a person interrupt the prayer if his mother calls him?
- am i facing the troubles because of the evel eye effect?
- What is Salatan Tunjina supplication, its meaning and virtue? Why do some people turn their hands backwards when it is read? Is it a bid’ah or sunnah to read this supplication after every fard prayer?
- What should we do when we find some money?
- Why are our prayers not accepted? What is the reason for a prayer not to be accepted?
- Is the prayer (dua) of a person who eats haram not accepted? Is it accepted if he repents?
- Fifth Point: The power of supplication and its meaning, kinds, the answering of it and acceptance.
- How is the best supplication (dua) made?