Is there any dust or fog in Heaven?
There is dust in any house which is not cleaned. Will our houses in Heaven get dusty when they are not cleaned?
Submitted by on Mon, 16/12/2019 - 09:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
No, there is not dust or any kind of dirt in Heaven.
Here is an ayah and a hadith about the topic;
“Allah has promised the believing men and believing women gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally, and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence; but approval from Allah is greater. It is that which is the great attainment.” (at-Tawbah,9/72)
Abu Hurayra (may Allah be please with him) reported that our Prophet (pbuh) described Heaven as follows:
“Building stones of Heaven are golden and silver. Mortar of the buildings is musk” (Tabarani, al-Awsat, Bazzar, Musnad)
This hadith is sound. (see Majmauz-Zawaid, hadith number:18637)
Razi gave this hadith as a proof of the beauty of the buildings in Heaven. (Razi, commentary of Tawbah, 72nd ayah)
The word which is translated as “pleasant dwellings” is “masakin tayyibah”. Tayyib means “nice, beautiful, clean, likeable”. (Baydawi, Ibn Kathir, related part)
This meaning is opposite of dirt, dust and fog”. Yet, no one likes dust and fog.
Additionally, it is wrong to compare the life of Heaven to life of the World. It is a wrong comment to think that just like the houses here get dirty so too do the houses there because as Ibn Abbas narrated;
“There is no similarity between the products and beings in Heaven and the World except for their names.” (Tabari, 1/135; Ibn Kathir 1/63; Qurtubi, 1/240)
It is possible to understand from the following ayah that getting dirty is not in question in Heaven;
“Circulated among them will be plates and vessels of gold. And therein is whatever the souls desire and [what] delights the eyes, and you will abide therein eternally.” (az-Zukhruf,43/71)
The fact that “whatever the souls desire and [what] delights the eyes” exist in Heaven is a sign which means there is no dust.
Questions on Islam
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- Do natural events such as daytime-night and winter and summer occur in Heaven?
- Could you explain the hadith “There are three things that are essential for happiness: a righteous wife, a spacious home, and a sound means of transportation.” (Musnad, 1:168)? Could you give some detailed information on home?
- What does it mean to love ones child, a friend, and parents for the sake of Allah? What are the criteria of loving for the sake of Allah?
- Can You Give Information About the Ghayya Valley in Hell?
- Reading Text: Cleanliness in the Animal Kingdom
- When there is no bad and good, no wrong and right, no aim, no test in the paradise, Isn't the life in Paradise aimless?
- What are the Stages of Life in the Hereafter?
- The Proofs of Creation # 17: The Proof of Cleanliness
- Should mosques be decorated or not?